This post might get out of hand because this girl here, is getting very ambitious with her TBR XD
(FYI, synopsis can be read at the end of this post. If not, you can click on the links provided! :D)
Here's a sneak peek of the books! Scroll down for more details! :D
So first book!
1. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma!!! I really like the synopsis so I am guessing that the book itself might be even way better. Hopefully? :D
for the synopsis, you can either check my previous post on my 'August Book Haul'! URL:http://seahyouying.blogspot.sg/2014/08/august-book-haul.html
2. Next, I want to read Clockwork Princess! I picked it up early this year but put it back down since I wanted to read other books that were released at that time and I didn't had any time to pick it back up. But now I do!! Hopefully I can get through it safely (if you know what I mean! ;) *wink wink*
3. I have always wanted to read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.! I heard great things about this book so I want to get right into reading this! Also, this book kind of suit the Halloween theme because of the circus, I guess?
4. I am currently reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and I am loving it so so much!
Synopsis, you can check my 'September Library Haul' or go to the URL! http://seahyouying.blogspot.sg/2014/09/september-library-haul.html
5, This book will definitely be... You guessed it! ...
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins as well!
Synopsis, you can go to my 'September Library Haul' or to the URL http://seahyouying.blogspot.sg/2014/09/september-library-haul.html
6. I am going to be reading Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke! I read the first book last year, in the month of October as well! I really liked it so I shall be reading the sequel to that book! I can't wait to see how this duology will end!
Synopsis, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18667954-between-the-spark-and-the-burn?ac=1
7. I have been wanting to read To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han! Many people said that they have enjoyed this book so I can't wait to see what this book is about and what caused all the hype going around! ( This is if I can finish reading the other books before I read this)
Synopsis, check my 'September Library Haul' or to the URL http://seahyouying.blogspot.sg/2014/09/september-library-haul.html
8. You guys should have heard about this book I guess. It's Panic by Lauren Oliver. The synopsis doesn't really give me the I-need-to-read-this-book-like-now feeling. However, I see quite a lot of people say that they liked this book! But then again, the rating on Goodreads is only 3.58... So I shall see for myself how good this book really is! :)
Seeing the trend? Spooky, exciting, yet with some romantic reads this month?? *wink wink* ;) Hahas
All right, that is all for now. Hopefully I don't get side-tracked or do other things other than reading this month so that I can finish reading these books that I have planned!
1. Forbidden: She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.
2. Clockwork Princess: Tessa Gray should be happy—aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
(Not exactly spoiler-ish, but if you want, here's a synopsis of the FIRST book for those who have not read it yet :) Clockwork Angel)
The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....
3. The night Circus: The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing. Despite the high stakes, Celia and Marco soon tumble headfirst into love, setting off a domino effect of dangerous consequences, and leaving the lives of everyone, from the performers to the patrons, hanging in the balance.
4. Anna and the French Kiss: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
5. Lola and the Boy next door: Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit—more sparkly, more fun, more wild—the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket—a gifted inventor—steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
6. Between the Spark and the burn:Freddie once told me that the Devil created all the fear in the world.
But then, the Devil once told me that it's easier to forgive someone for scaring you than for making you cry.
The problem with River West Redding was that he'd done both to me.
The crooked-smiling liar River West Redding, who drove into Violet's life one summer day and shook her world to pieces, is gone. Violet and Neely, River's other brother, are left to worry—until they catch a two a.m. radio program about strange events in a distant mountain town. They take off in search of River but are always a step behind, finding instead frenzied towns, witch hunts, and a wind-whipped island with the thrum of something strange and dangerous just under the surface. It isn't long before Violet begins to wonder if Neely, the one Redding brother she thought trustworthy, has been hiding a secret of his own . . .
7. To All The Boys I've Loved Before: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.
8. Panic: Panic began as so many things do in Carp, a dead-end town of 12,000 people in the middle of nowhere: because it was summer, and there was nothing else to do.
Heather never thought she would compete in Panic, a legendary game played by graduating seniors, where the stakes are high and the payoff is even higher. She’d never thought of herself as fearless, the kind of person who would fight to stand out. But when she finds something, and someone, to fight for, she will discover that she is braver than she ever thought.
Dodge has never been afraid of Panic. His secret will fuel him, and get him all the way through the game, he’s sure of it. But what he doesn't know is that he’s not the only one with a secret. Everyone has something to play for.
For Heather and Dodge, the game will bring new alliances, unexpected revelations, and the possibility of first love for each of them—and the knowledge that sometimes the very things we fear are those we need the most.
Hope you guys enjoy this post! (sorry for such a lengthy post!) Until then, Have a great time reading! Muacks XD
(Synopsis credits to Goodreads)