Thursday 8 January 2015

December'14 Wrap Up

So December has ended, time for another wrap up. I was in a reading slump on the last week of December and could not even pick up any books. I tried reading a book, stopped at 10 pages in, picked another book, stopped at 5 pages. This is just so bad! But I will just let you guys know what I have read this month.

So very sadly, I wasn't able to read all the books that I wanted to read in December, I only read 3 books. And here is my wrap up!

On the first week of December, I finished reading Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. I gave it 5/5 stars!

Review:
Sometimes I just don't get how Kaiden is thinking. He can be really frustrating at some point but you just can't help but fall head over heels for him... 
I liked how the plot went in this book and how the characters developed and getting to know each other better and these just makes the book so much more interesting, understand better and love the characters much more. 
the ending was just so heartbreaking for me and I didn't like it... 
Kaiden and Anna should be together, OTP for life. but their situations and their father just prevent them being together and it was just so frustrating seeing them trying to struggle. their love is just so cute but heartbreaking... 
I don't really ship Anna and Kopano together though, I get that Kopano is a really good guy, but sometimes he just doesn't give off the vibe that he wants Anna, but just a mutual feeling like he is just treating her as a friend sometimes. 
Overall i enjoyed reading this book so much and I give it 5/5 stars.


Next, I picked up Made for You by Melissa Marr, but sadly, I only managed to finish reading it on the third week! D: I gave this book a 4.5/5 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but there are some spoilers in my review, so do check it out on my Goodreads! 
Click this for my review : Made For You Review  BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE READ IT!

If you haven't click this to read my non-spoiler review! Non-spoiler Made for You Review

On the last week of December, I picked up an audiobook and finished it on the same week! And this audiobook is.... The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer! I'm giving it 5/5 stars!
If you didn't know, this is the novella to the third book, Eclipse, in the Twilight Saga.

My thoughts:
I actually wasn't able to remember clearly everything that happened in Eclipse, especially when I did not re-read Eclipse for about 3 years. I wasn't even able to remember who Bree was until I searched her up on the internet!
I actually really like this book, reading Bree's perspective and how everything happened which links to Eclipse.
I read this as an audiobook which I think affects my opinion a little bit because I wasn't able to get into the whole situation that was happening, it was confusing sometimes but still I really enjoyed it.
I actually wanted to give it 4.5 stars as I wasn't able to connect to the characters only until doing some research on each of the characters, but the ending really got me, when Bree made me realize what had happened to Diego. 

I hated the Volturi from when I first started reading Twilight, but after knowing what they did, I really want to kill them!!! I really like how Bree uses Edward's talent by telling him what exactly really happen since he has the ability to read other people's life, it was just so cool! 
Overall I really enjoyed this book and makes me change my whole perspective of Eclipse once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment