Sunday 23 November 2014

The Ultimate Book Tag #1

Hello, book lovers, I am back again with another book tag that I found online and found it really interesting so I decided to share it with you guys! Now let us begin with this tag! :D

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I read a lot when I am in the car.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Cassandra Clare, her writing style just makes me enjoy reading her books so much! Her books just does not disappoint me and makes me want to read more and more of her books!

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Definitely going with the Twilight Saga.
1. It was my first book which I read that got me to love reading so much now.
2. Vampires, I just love vampires.
3. The writing style of the author makes me enjoy the book so much more!

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
Yeah, I have a Cassandra Clare book bag when I got my copy of City of Heavenly Fire. Loving it so much, it can fit lots of things inside! Besides my valuables, I currently have Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. 

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. Don't you dare judge me, I know you guys do it too! :P

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I like books that have little illustrations, it's easier for me to picture the whole storyline much more easier.

7. What book did you love reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Before I knew about the world of booktube, I always thought that all the books are of top quality, I would always read it and think,"Wow! This is just such an amazing book!" However, now that I start getting exposed to new books and now that I think about it, I realised that actually some books are just an average read compared to others. So for me, I always thought that I actually loved The Immortals series by Alyson Noel was a really great book, but in actual fact, after the second book, everything just went crashing down and gets on my nerve as I was reading it.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Hmm, I don't think I have any funny stories from my childhood, but there is one which actually happened quite recently.
I was at my local library looking around, trying to find a few books that I wanted. The books are all categorised into the names of the author's last name, so as I was walking beside the shelves towards the 'L-M' of the author's names to find a book which I wanted, a teenage guy was standing there, looking at the books. So when I was nearing him, he was suddenly shocked and jumped, looking at me. So I thought, "what a weirdo he is" and walked to him and to the end of that shelf. So I took a really long time looking at each book, inching towards him really slowly, and I was crossing my fingers that he would quickly walk away, but no, he was standing at that exact spot without moving while I was already nearing him. But the way he was standing, he blocked my view of the books so I walked away to the other shelves at the back. After a while, he walked to the same shelf as me, and I took this chance and walk back to the previous shelf that he was, and looked at the books which I had missed. When I saw a book that I wanted, I crouched down to get it and read the synopsis, and suddenly, he walked back towards the same shelf as me! So I quickly stood and he crouched down beside me and took one book out of its shelf. I quickly walked away and checked out other books at other shelves at the front, and he actually walk towards me again, which freaked me out really badly, and I started panicking. (If you are wondering if he called out to me or not, I wasn't sure as I was listening to my phone with my headphones on, and my music was pretty loud, so I couldn't hear anything... Oops?) Right after that, he walked away and at that time, I found it quite funny that I freaked out.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Not really, my English isn't really very perfect, and right now, I have to balance two languages in school, English and Chinese, which is quite difficult. However, I am practicing writing with hopes that in the future that I can be an author though, hopefully it will work out!

12. When did you get into reading?
I have a mother which loves reading, and I was being influenced to love reading since really young by her. She even brought me to the library to look for books with some words and pictures when I was 4 years old. Slowly, I started to like reading, and when I was 10, I begin reading big books of 300-500 pages, which is more than what my friends would read. However, it was only at age 11 that I got my first box set which is the Twilight Saga and read it, which is when I realised that I actually love reading, and it is also when I started to get into reading until now. 

13. What is your favourite classic book?
I'm not sure if this book counts as a classic, but it is Flour Babies by Anne Fine. I had to read this book in 8th grade for my literature class and we had to make our own flour baby ( just a cloth wrapping a flour bag and you can design it as you like) and we had to take good care of it for one year. We had to bring it to school everyday, and if you are not seen with your 'baby' any time of the day in school, your marks will be deducted. We also had to read this book and had to take the exam about this book. Normally, I wouldn't remember the plot of a classic book or even be interested in reading any classic books, but because of the activities that we had to do when we were reading this book, it left such a great impression on me that I realised that this was actually one of my favourite classic book that I have ever read.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/ English?
Umm, my other subjects aren't very good, but English for me was quite fun. I had great teachers for my English subject and I always enjoyed myself.

15. If you were give a book as present that you had read before and hated... what would you do?
I would just accept it but give it to one of my friend who also likes reading.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep. It has lots of action packed into this book and it is just simply wonderful! I love this series so much, yet it is so underrated...

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Right now, I don't film, but one habit I have is facepalming myself when the character did something stupid.

18. What is your favourite word?
"I'm hungry", "I don't know", "whatever"

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all the above?
Last time, my friends kept saying that I am a nerd, but I myself think that I am all of the above. XD

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires! I hate fairies, they are just such sneaky pesky little creatures, ugh... Vampires are so cool, I like their fangs, and that they suck blood ;)

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Both I guess, they are both so cool!

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, I don't really like spirits, they give me the creeps.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampire! :D Again, not a really huge fan of zombies.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love.
I don't really like Love Triangles, they just make me so irritated when I read about it. But for Forbidden Love, now this is just such an amazing plot that I like! 

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Actually, I like both. I always read action-packed with a few love scenes, but right now, I am more into the mood of reading romance books. :D

All right, this is the end of the book tag! Another post will be up soon, until then, happy reading guys! Muacks! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment