Saturday 27 December 2014

Made For You by Melissa Marr

Hi guys! So I'm going to do a book review that I read and want to share it with you guys!

I gave it 4.5/ 5 stars

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
When Eva Tilling wakes up in the hospital, she’s confused—who in her sleepy little North Carolina town could have hit her with their car? And why? But before she can consider the question, she finds that she’s awoken with a strange new skill: the ability to foresee people’s deaths when they touch her. While she is recovering from the hit-and-run, Nate, an old flame, reappears, and the two must traverse their rocky past as they figure out how to use Eva’s power to keep her friends—and themselves—alive. But while Eva and Nate grow closer, the killer grows increasingly frantic in his attempt to get to Eva.

Published on: 16 September 2014 by HarperCollins

Review:
This book is just so mysterious, intense and a really fun read! When I was reading it, I can find myself being out of breath, gripping the book tightly and nearly falling out of my seat whenever something was about to happen! I really love mystery and thrilling story!

What I liked about this book:
I love the plot that was in this book, it just feels so realistic, like this actually happened before, but it didn't. I like how the author actually makes an effort in developing the characters even though this is a stand alone book, making you fall in love with each and every character, which doesn't usually happen for stand alone books! 
When I was reading this book, I really went all out by reading carefully each and every sentence to find any clues that could lead me to finding out to who the 'Judge'/killer in this book. Which could be one of the reason why I took such along time to actually read this book. Turns out, the person that I was predicting wasn't the 'Judge' at all! It was someone who I totally didn't think of. I was just so shocked when I found out and I was so amazed that Melissa Marr was able to write such an amazing story!
Some scenes just makes me cringed while reading, especially when it was in the 'Judge's' perspective, Most of the time, I was just so freaked out by the way the 'Judge' was thinking. It was just so illogical, yet he thinks that what he thought was right and like it was the only way to deal with the things. I just don't get him most of the time. 
I loved Nate so much, the way he cared so much for his younger brother, and he was just so sweet with Eva at some parts of the story, making squeal whenever I read their conversations. 

What I dislike about this book:
The ending. It was just so brief and it felt like it was trying to end it quickly. It left me feeling detached from the characters, without saying 'goodbyes' to them. I wanted it to be more detailed with more information about the characters and what they felt about the whole situation. 

I would have given it 5/5 stars before I read the ending because the writing was just amazing, everything was so neat and the plot was really captivating! However, the ending could have been better, but it wasn't what I actually expected, thus I gave it a 4.5 stars!

If you guys love Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Thriller, Contemporary, with some Romance in it, this is the right book to pick up!

No comments:

Post a Comment