Saturday 27 August 2016

The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout Book Review (NON-SPOILER)

Hey book lovers, so I am back with another book review NON-Spoiler, of course, and this time, it's the new book that the wonderful Ms Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote, (she just writes the best contemporary books), and although this book took me a really long time to read, long as in almost two months, but to be honest, this book is just AWESOME! Read it guys, if you haven't.

Rating : 4/5 stars

Synopsis (from Goodreads) :
For some people, silence is a weapon. For Mallory “Mouse” Dodge, it’s a shield. Growing up, she learned that the best way to survive was to say nothing. And even though it’s been four years since her nightmare ended, she’s beginning to worry that the fear that holds her back will last a lifetime.

Now, after years of homeschooling with loving adoptive parents, Mallory must face a new milestone—spending her senior year at public high school. But of all the terrifying and exhilarating scenarios she’s imagined, there’s one she never dreamed of—that she’d run into Rider Stark, the friend and protector she hasn’t seen since childhood, on her very first day.

It doesn’t take long for Mallory to realize that the connection she shared with Rider never really faded. Yet the deeper their bond grows, the more it becomes apparent that she’s not the only one grappling with the lingering scars from the past. And as she watches Rider’s life spiral out of control, Mallory faces a choice between staying silent and speaking out—for the people she loves, the life she wants, and the truths that need to be heard.
 


What I Like:
The characters are definitely one of my favourite parts in the game. Not their personalities or anything, but just the small fact that they are so real and seemed to have feelings, voicing their opinions out like a real human being. They also really face problems in the book and they try to face it, which makes it so much more realistic instead of them being all perfect and wonderful without any problems at all.

I definitely love our two main characters, they are like the cutest OTP that I have ever read about, and man, I love them so much! Although, I don't really like Rider, for one reason, (you won't know unless you read the book, *smirks evilly*), but other than that, he is just so perfect! So cute, so hot, so wonderful that I can't even say the right things to describe him! AH! 

I also really like Rosa, she's Mouse's "mother", Mouse is adopted, if you guys are at like the first page of the book, and don't worry, they tell you this part in the very first few chapters in the book, so no worries, alright?

I also really like the way JLA write about the issue of Post Trauma Stress Disorder (PTSD), and yes, that is a real thing if you didn't know about it. And she wrote it with a lot of knowledge on it to bring out the whole situation, making it so real and let you know more about the disorder and this just makes you understand and reach out to the character even more. I definitely feel that this PTSD were one of the main key things in the book, and I really like the that you get to know more about Mouse/Mallory as she reveals her reason of having PTSD (not a spoiler, they say that in the first few chapters, so relax, and just read on.) 

I also like that beautiful book cover of this book, haha this isn't considered as a book review, is it? Oh well, but I really DO like this cover, So artsy and I can't stop looking at the book! 

What I dislike:
The parenting in the book is just... too horrible to even say anything. Good or bad or who, I won't say anything, but they are definitely something I hate, and makes you realize that not all parents are perfect or bad, and they make you treasure your parents even more, well at least that's what happened for me, and I hope that's the way for you guys as well! 

I hated Paige, let's be real here, she's just so annoying and 'beachy' and I she gets on my nerve every time I read about her with Rider (you also know this at the 2nd or 3rd chapter),  
And to be real honest with you here, I have never hated a character so much besides her! She really breaks through all the record of my hated characters in all the books that I have ever read. (Although I can't be a judge since I don't read a lot of books, but you know the hatred is just so real.)

I also didn't really like the plot setting in the story, because it was so confusing! I couldn't really understand how the houses work and everything, I guess maybe it's because I'm a foreigner, and that's why I didn't understand how the housing system works, because it definitely is different from where I am and the States (this book takes place in the States right? Or... maybe not? I'm just confused with it), and this just makes me so confused whenever the description was talking about Mouse going to this place and all, and I couldn't even picture a single thing in my head! 

Things I hate but grew to like:
Rider, this baby boy is just too gorgeous. As said before, I didn't really like him because of some things at the beginning, but as I progress through the book, I really understand him, and damn, he is starting to grow on me! I'm liking him so much more!

Ending:
I really enjoy the ending, I like the way the whole book ended and it just left off with a really good feeling, and it was so awesome! I was pretty much satisfied with the ending, even though this book was really inconclusive, and you guys know how I dislike my books with inconclusive endings, but this book, it just ended off wonderfully. It just feels like the characters had more stories ahead that only they know, and we are just with them for this period of time until the book ended, which makes me feel good! I don't know if I'm making any sense, but that's how I feel, and it just make me love the book even more!

Alright, I guess I will end this blog post here, I hope you guys will want to read this book even more, and would want to pick it up! I will have another blog post up soon, so until then, happy reading!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment