Sunday 13 December 2015

HUGE Book Haul! :O [November'15]

On Sunday, 8/11/2015, which was two days ago, there was a book sale going on in the West. I had no idea there was going to be a sale, until my best friend who saw the announcement on Facebook started to freak out and even called me, saying that we have to go to this sale.

And so we did, and now I'm going to show you what books I got. 

But before that, I just want to let you guys know that I got 12 books for... $52. Can you believe it? If it weren't for the sale, I would have to spend almost $200 for 12 books. 

So first of, let me tell you something that happened there. At first, me and my friend couldn't find the right location where the book sale was held, took us about five minutes to find it. We then spent about an hour looking for books, until I realized that there was a banner which says "Young Adult", and it was over at the other section.

I went to told my friend about it, and we had to put down the books that we found in a basket, before heading off to the other section, since we could not bring the books from this section to the other part of the section, which was REALLY inconvenient. I ended up spending another hour to find books, which to be honest, the books are in a pretty decent condition. I thought since this is a book sale, the books which are really cheap, will be in a beat-up condition. I'm really glad that that was not the case at all. So, shall we get started on the books that I have gotten at the book sale there? Let's start!


1. The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater

I was hesitating whether to get this book, but as i walk down the aisle, I saw the sequel, The Dream Thieves for only $2, so I thought why not just get these two books!

So the next book I got is... You guessed it!
2. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater









However, the more I walk down the aisle, I couldn't find a single book that catches my eye. 
Suddenly, as I turned towards my right, on top of the other books on the table is the Grisha trilogy. I think someone actually left the books there because it was stacked up nicely and the books are in pretty good condition. However, the only downside to this stack is that, Ruin and Rising is slightly bigger than the other two books...
So I decided to hold on to it first while I continue to look for other books. I ended up getting that whole stack of books! 
4. Seige and Storm
5. Ruin and Rising
All these three books are by Leigh Bardugo!









6. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott

Next, I saw this book and I remembered how it was being hyped up last year, being compared to the Hunger Games and the anime, Pokemon. So many people from booktube and bookstagram have been going on and rave about this book, it was just so overwhelming! There were also really good reviews on the Goodreads, so I thought, why not pick it up? 
I can't wait to read it now that i have this book!








7. Far from You by Tess Sharpe


Next, I came upon this book, sitting inside the box full of other books, and the cover just caught my eye. Intrigued by the book cover, I checked the rating on Goodreads, and surprisingly, it has a 3.98 rating, which is quite high! 
However, there aren't any booktubers or bookstagrammers that have read this book yet, but based on the community's review, it seems like a really good book! So the next book I got is...











8. Landline by Rainbow Rowell

The next book is a standalone. I was talking to my best friend recently about wanting to buddy read a book with her. We happened to talk about Fangirl and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, however, she doesn't have those books, so it will take awhile for her to purchase it before we can even buddy read a book together. 
So while we were at the book fair, we came across a book that we both didn't have, and we decided to use it for our buddy read. So this book is...














While I continue to walk 
down the aisle, wandering aimlessly, without a single idea which book to find, I saw this book. And the first thought that came to my mind, was that I remembered seeing videos on YouTube by those famous booktubers saying that the duology will soon be out of print. It could have already stopped printing, who knows! I immediately grabbed the two books and I'm pretty sure you know which two books they are, right?

9. The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
10. The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke



2nd book in the trilogy
3rd book in the trilogy
Next, I was going to go checkout, until I realised I need 2 more books to get a cheaper price, so I wasn't sure what to get and was rushing for time, I was panicking at that time already, until I remembered something. I saw a trilogy on my way to the checkout somewhere on the table hidden amongst hundreds of books. I immediately went to get it and even though the trilogy only had the last books in it, I still got it, since I was intrigued by the synopsis and also it has quite a high rating on Goodreads, so I thought why not just pick it up.
                                       11. Fire with Fire by 
Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
12. Ashes to Ashes by 
Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

So these are all the books I got at the book fair, and I will show you guys a picture of the books stacked together. Also, in case you guys want to read the synopsis, just click the book titles besides the numbers, and you will be diverted to the Goodreads page! Alright, that is all for this super long post! If you managed to read till here, I'm really happy! *virtual hugs to you* if you do read till here! I will have a next post up soon, so until then, happy reading! =)






No comments:

Post a Comment