Friday 1 May 2015

May'15 TBR!!!

Hi guys, wondering where's my TBR gone to for months?? I didn't have any time during the past few months, so I just read whatever I wanted, which resulted in how I didn't read a lot of books. However, this month, I decided to do a TBR because I will be finishing my mid years in the middle of May, so why not? So I just want to read a few books to maybe catch up on my goal for my Goodreads goals, which may seem impossible, and I also doubt myself.

Same thing as my other TBR posts, I will be writing the synopsis for the books at the end of this post! So let's get started:

First of all, I want to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J.Maas, picked it up last month but put down to read Red Queen.



Next, Looking for Alaska by John Green! I heard so many great things about this book and just want to check it out for myself! I also picked up last month and only read a few pages before putting down to read Red Queen. Yes, I know, I was in a reading slump alright? XD


The third book I want to read is, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Yeah, I haven't finish reading it yet. :X oopsies!! So yeah, I'm going to continue reading this book in May again.

I'm pretty excited for this month TBR, although to tell you the truth, I can only start reading on the 2nd week of May. I'm having my exams on the first week!! :'( Oh well, my exams are ending soon on Friday!! Hell yeah! Although today is only Thursday. Hmm, this topic is getting kind of depressing.
All right, so 3 books this month is what I'm aiming to accomplish! Hopefully I can at least finish 2 books this month, despite the busy schedule!

Scroll down for synopsis of the books on top!

Synopsis:
Throne of Glass:
In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 
The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.

Looking for Alaska:
Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. 
After. Nothing is ever the same.

Red Queen:
The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.
To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.
Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.
But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?

That's all for now! I hope you guys will have a great reading month in May! I will be posting more soon, so until then, happy reading!! Muacks! XD
(synopsis credits to Goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment