Sunday 7 June 2015

On the Fence by Kasie West! Review (NON-SPOILER)

Hi guys! I finished this book on the last day of May so I felt like writing a review for this book, so here it is!
I gave this book 4/5 stars!

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
For sixteen-year-old Charlotte Reynolds, aka Charlie, being raised by a single dad and three older brothers has its perks. She can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows—including her longtime neighbor and honorary fourth brother, Braden. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world of makeup, lacy skirts, and BeDazzlers. Even stranger, she's spending time with a boy who has never seen her tear it up in a pickup game.

To cope with the stress of faking her way through this new reality, Charlie seeks late-night refuge in her backyard, talking out her problems with Braden by the fence that separates them. But their Fence Chats can't solve Charlie's biggest problem: she's falling for Braden. Hard. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.


Published on: July 1st 2014 by HarperTeen

Review:

This book was a really nice and cheesy read! I enjoyed myself when I was reading it, and this book was such a page turner! I couldn't even put it down! 

What I liked about this book:
I love the characters, the whole plot, and the romance inside this book. The characters were so real and lively and the brothers were just so cheeky! Sometimes I even wished they were my brothers! XD I was already being pulled into liking this book from the first page already. 


What I didn't like about this book:
I would have given it a 5 stars if not for the loopholes inside the book. Some parts were just really questionable and doesn't really make any sense, especially near the ending. I would liked the book to be a bit more longer, develop the couple's relationship a little more, and just some more information about the characters!


However, the ending was just so cute and it made me go AWH!!, all the way to the last word of the last chapter in the book. 


So overall, this was a fun and easy read! It was nice to finally have a book that I could read within a week after my long and tiring schedule of school term. 


If you guys love Romance and Contemporary, this is the book for you! Definitely go and check it out! 


All right, that is all for this post, I hope you guys will pick this book up and hopefully enjoy the book more than me! I will be posting more soon, so until then, happy reading!! MUAC
KS! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment